SIEX-HC 227 S-FLOW was developed and manufactured by SIEX as an enhancement to traditional halocarbon gas systems, optimising its features to meet the most demanding expectations. The development of the new S-FLOW valve means that a wider range of pressures can be used. In addition to the usual 25 and 42 bar at which the gas is commonly discharged, this new technology allows working pressures of 32, 34, 50, 55 even 60 bar.
This allows greater application flexibility and significantly expands the hydraulic calculation options. With this new system it is possible to protect hazards further away from the storage cylinders, while maintaining the same discharge characteristics. Other brands would be forced to use other agents, significantly limiting the protection options. Likewise, the gas storage space is optimized. At higher pressures, the amount of agent can be increased without increasing the storage volume. It also allows for larger volumes or larger rooms to be protected without increasing the space taken up by the installation, nor increasing the associated cost.
These benefits are possible because SIEX has the widest range of components (valves, actuators, fill monitoring systems, etc.) which helps optimize the hardware design. As with traditional systems, the new system allows selector valves to be used, with fewer restrictions, for the simultaneous protection of several hazards. All of this results in significant benefits when choosing the most suitable protection equipment for the hazard in question. Both the components and the system as a whole have VdS, FM and UL approvals.
- Greater number of working pressures
- Components made to withstand higher pressures
- Increased piping distance for the protection of the hazards located far away.
- Increased storage capacity
- Suitable for occupied areas
- Wide range of cylinder capacities
- Ideal for using selector valves
- Minimal installation space
- Specific hydraulic calculation software
- Museums and art galleries
- Telecommunication systems
- Petrochemical facilities
- Computer Rooms
- Laboratories and clean rooms
- Electrical cabinets and substations
- Data Processing Centres (DPCs)
- Archives and libraries
- Offshore platforms
About the extinguishing agent
It uses DuPont FM-200 extinguishing agent. This agent does not react with moisture or other agents, so no toxic or reactive products are generated which might damage the protected property or equipment in case of discharge. Furthermore, it is the most suitable gas for occupied areas.